Workers’ Compensation lawyers Louisiana
Laws for workplace accidents are specified in the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act. Common workplace injuries include slips and falls, fires and explosions, injury from falling debris, etc.
Workers’ Compensation Attorney Louisiana
Workers’ compensation is a state mandated program that provides compensation for an employee’s medical bills, lost wages, and rehabilitation. There are some policies that also provide death benefits if an employee is killed when performing any job-related duty. You may find that it’s difficult to handle a workers’ compensation claim on your own. In such a scenario, it’s best to enlist the assistance of qualified attorneys to make sure that you get the benefits.
Laws for workplace accidents are specified in the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act. Common workplace injuries include slips and falls, fires and explosions, injury from falling debris, etc. Even occupational illnesses are covered under the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act. These include conditions such as hearing loss and carpal tunnel syndrome. An occupational illness can be as dangerous as any work related injury.
WHAT CAN OUR WORKERS’ COMPENSATION LAWYER IN LOUISIANA DO FOR YOU?
In most instances, the employer’s insurance company assigns a claim adjuster to analyze and decide the benefits that an employee should receive. However, such adjusters have the interests of their company in mind.
Also, insurance companies are in the business to get premiums and make profits. It’s best to have a trained attorney who can represent your case in court and in front of insurance officials.
Louisiana workers’ compensation attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have the right skills and experience to handle complicated compensation claims. Our solicitors have more than 20 years of experience in tackling workers’ compensation claims successfully.
There are instances when a mild injury can have far-reaching effects and may get worse over time. You may also end up having unwanted medical expenses. Loss of wages and potential loss of future earnings will affect your livelihood and the lives of your family members.
Our lawyers work diligently with a team of paralegals, assistants, and clerks to ensure that unpredictable outcomes don’t happen to you.
Don’t Delay! Call Clay!
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE? REACH OUT TO OUR ATTORNEYS INSTANTLY!
Call our attorneys today for a FREE analysis of your case. We work on a contingent basis, which means that we receive payment only when we resolve your case successfully.
Don’t Delay! Your claim may be valid. Let our attorneys help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
Don’t Wait to Get Started. Let’s Get Together Now.
It’s advisable for you and your family to seek the assistance of a qualified attorney to see that you get all the benefits you are entitled to.
WHEN IS THE IDEAL TIME TO CONSULT AN ATTORNEY?
If your workplace injury is minor and your employer cooperative, there’s no need to hire a lawyer. However, not all cases are simple. The moment a complexity arises, it’s best to consult a lawyer straightaway!
Here’s when you should seek the help of an attorney:
- Your employer denies your claim: Workers’ compensation insurers may reject your claim. They are usually confident that the workers will fail to appeal. In such scenarios, hiring a workers’ compensation attorney is advisable and it will cost you almost nothing up-front. You pay fees only when you receive a fair settlement. With the assistance of a lawyer, there are chances that you will receive a better settlement.
- The settlement does not cover all medical expenses: If you are not sure whether you will get a fair settlement, it’s best to contact an experienced attorney.
- Your employer retaliates for filing a workers’ compensation claim: If your employer has fired or demoted you, reduced your pay or engaged in any other form of discrimination, you can always contact an attorney to protect your legal rights.
- You are having trouble getting the treatment you need: In most instances, insurance companies delay or deny approval of expensive medical treatments such as surgery. A lawyer can apply pressure on them to approve medical treatments in a timely manner.
HOW WILL YOUR ATTORNEY HELP YOU?
Only an experienced attorney will have an understanding of how to gather the necessary evidence, negotiate effectively with the insurance company, and draft a settlement agreement to ensure that there are no unanticipated consequences. Moreover, if you can’t agree on a good settlement, a solicitor can prepare you for the trial or hearing.
The workers’ compensation system is in place to ensure that injured workers receive a fair settlement. Insurance companies have a team of lawyers on their side. Therefore, filing a claim without proper legal knowledge may not help you meet your objective of fair compensation. Hiring seasoned solicitors will go a long way. They can help you get compensation for your injuries.
WHO IS COVERED UNDER WORKERS’ COMPENSATION?
Workers who are eligible for compensation include full-time, part-time, and minors under the age of 18. Some independent contractors and subcontractors are also eligible for workers’ compensation.
WORKERS WHO ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR COMPENSATION
- Domestic employees
- Public officials
- Workers of non-profit organizations
- Real estate sales people
- Volunteer workers